Coachella Valley Public Cemetery District
“An Endowment Care District”
Welcome to the Coachella Valley Public Cemetery District. Our goal is to provide our community with exceptional service, maintaining our cemetery as a dignified and respectful resting place for loved ones.
The Coachella Valley Public Cemetery District is an independent California Special District formed in 1927. The District serves the public cemetery needs of an area encompassing nearly 3,444 square miles of Riverside County, including the cities of Coachella, Indio, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Palm Desert, as well as parts of Rancho Mirage and unincorporated Riverside County. The purpose of the District is to offer affordable interment services for our County residents.
This website can be used to locate loved ones, access information about upcoming interment services, special events and District policy, as well as schedule an appointment with staff. If you are unable to find the information you require, please reach out to us during office hours and we will be happy to assist you.
Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Stay Up To Date
Get important reminders delivered to your email! The District offers email alerts on changes to the mowing schedule, office closures, events, and other important notifications. Sign up for alerts by clicking HERE.
Upcoming Board Meeting
Friday, October 13, 2023, 8:00 a.m.
The District has started its annual scalping and seeding process for winter rye grass, as well as annual tree pruning. The full schedule is available below. Please note, as part of the process there will be the following modifications to cemetery schedule and regulations:
- There will be no grave memorials (flowers, wrought-iron decorations, solar-lights, etc.) allowed in the cemetery from September 22nd through September 29th. This temporary suspension of memorial items will greatly reduce foot traffic for the first week of seed germination and will help ensure the cemetery has healthy turf through the winter months. Again, please make sure your memorial items are picked up prior to September 22nd and not returned until after September 29th.
- There will be no mowing from September 18th through October 13th. Once memorial items are placed after September 29th, you will not need to retrieve them again until the week of October 16th.
- Initial tree pruning will take place September 11th through September 18th. There will be no public access allowed in work areas where tree cutting is taking place.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you in advance for your understanding. Here is the full, upcoming schedule:
- September 11th – 15th: Scalping and tree pruning
- September 18th – 22nd: Seeding
- September 22nd – 29th: No grave memorials allowed at cemetery
- September 30th: Grave memorials may return to the cemetery
- September 30th – October 13th: No mowing
- October 16th – 20th: Mowing resumes
As part of our seasonal hours of operation, we have a scheduled change to cemetery hours of access upcoming. On October 1, 2023, gates will begin to close at 7:00 PM.
Have an idea on how the District can better serve our community? Email us at email@example.com!